There are so many different things to think about when it comes to creating your perfect suit for competition. After looking at countless competition suits in magazines or online posts, it is best to keep in mind that a suit design that may have worked so well for some, may in fact not be quite right for your own body type. Remember to keep an open mind and remember that each body is unique in its own way. One of the most important design elements of your suit is your top style.
At Saleyla and FitnessProDirect, we offer 5 different top styles to choose from:
1. Triangle Top
- Description: Strings tie at the neck and back. (Hooks can be added upon request)
- This style is recommended for women of all breast sizes, but works best for smaller breasted women. We recommend getting a size up in the triangle top, that way there is extra room for additional padding if needed. Our tops are fully lined, with a built-in inside bra pocket. We provide free soft or molded bra pad, depending on size. You can remove the bra pad or add more if needed.
2. Halter Top
- Description: Thicker Strap. Hooks behind the neck
- This style is recommended for bustier women as the thick straps push the breast upwards and provides the most support.
3. Underwire Style
- Description: Made of molded bra cup with underwire support
- This style is recommended for a smaller chest, as it is most like the design of a bra created to push breasts together. With that being said, it is hardest to perfectly fit a bra to the desired size and can sometimes look bulky or too tight around the bust.
4. Butterfly Style Top
- Description: String ties at the neck and back
- This style is recommended for both large and small breast sizes. It is a unique style to the usual choices of top styles, and could definitely wow the judges with its diversity.
- 5. Front Criss Cross Top
- Description: String ties behind the neck. Hook behind back
- This style is another unique option, and usually for smaller breasts. If you are looking to try something different or stand out on stage, this is a great option to break out of the competition norm!
Still confused? Don’t worry—Saleyla’s helpful and knowledgeable staff can help you find the right cut to perfectly fit your body!